Can you learn not to worry?

Discussion in 'Ask a Question' started by Jade, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Jade

Jade Member

Being a constant worrier to the point where I make myself ill with it people are constantly telling me I need to stop worrying.I know that it’s out of care they tell me to try and stop worrying and stressing myself but sometimes I find it frustrating that they think its that easy.I can’t switch off my worrying no matter how hard I try and it just makes me wonder how some people get in a mindset where they can brush worries off.
    Does it have to be in your personality or can you teach yourself not to worry?

2. Mark

Mark Active Member

Jade, believe it or not I have in the past been a terrible terrible worrier and it drags your life down. A few years ago I remember a moment I woke up one morning and began to worry because I had nothing to worry about! Can you imagine that, I was worrying because I had nothing to worry about but I had been so used to worrying - that is madness.

A few tips I use to reduce my worrying:-

Plenty of walks and fresh air
    Spending as much time with family and friends as possible - the more alone I was the more I seemed to worry
    Ensure you have a good sleeping pattern - lack of sleep is for me the greatest danger for my phobias and also increased anxiety through worry

I read this article yesterday which might give you some ideas:-

http://www.inc.com/jim-schleckser/warren-buffet-s-secrets-to-stop-worrying.html

Regards,

Mark