Hi guys n gals

Discussion in 'Say Hello and Tell Us Your Story' started by Martin, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Martin

Martin New Member

Martin from the UK here, just thought I'd pop in and say "Hi"

I don't like creepy crawlies and I really don't like people much so I suppose the dislike of being around other people could be a form of Agoraphobia.

The internet is fine though and I don't have any social problems in that regard, weird I know!

Anyhow, nice little place you have here. I wish you all the best with it's growth and success.

Cheers,

Martin

2. kelbel

kelbel Member

Hi Martin,

welcome to the forum! Great to have you here :)

Look forward to chatting to you,

Kelly

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Martin

It is strange how common Agoraphobia seems to be and how it tends to be connected with an array of other phobias. I wonder if this is the "main" phobia for many people which can then lead to other challenging and uncomfortable situations?

I think as the forum grows we will see a lot of patterns emerging which should help us all to live with our phobias and control them as much as possible.

Regards,

Mark

4. Martin

Martin New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome Kelly & Mark! I appreciate it :)

5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Do you think your phobias have an impact on your life.

6. Jade

Jade Member

[QUOTE="

The internet is fine though and I don't have any social problems in that regard, weird I know!

[/QUOTE]

Hi Martin, I don’t think its weird to find your social anxiety doesn’t limit your communication on the internet actually I think it’s a very positive thing. I believe that any social interaction regardless whether its online or not is a good confidence builder especially when you contribute to forums such as this one where you can connect with others who are experiencing the same feelings as you. I think online communities are a great place to share experiences and ideas so we can help each other gain more control over our own phobias and anxiety :)