Selective Eating Disorder

Discussion in 'Latest Phobia Treatments and News' started by Andy, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Andy

Andy Member

2. Beattheblues

Beattheblues Member

Very interesting, is this condition more of a brain disorder as opposed to a phobia?

3. Mark

Mark Active Member

The more I read about phobias and similar issues the more I understand the power of the brain. This gives hope me when challenging my own phobias - if we can learn to manage the way in which we think and the way in which we react, surely that is the secret?

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Exactly, if the brain can develop phobias in our minds then surely we can use this power to bring our phobias under control? I hear some therapists talking of "rewiring" the brains of those suffering from phobias, etc - how do they do this and what do they mean?

5. Beattheblues

Beattheblues Member

Personally I don’t think we fully understand the power of our brains. If we can develop phobia/anxiety issues then surely we can tackle them by “rewiring” our brains as the experts describe it?

6. Andy

Andy Member

Re: rewiring.
    Look up "Hebbs Law",

7. Beattheblues

Beattheblues Member

8. Mark

Mark Active Member

Interesting topic - when I went to see a counsellor once he said "it is just a matter of rewiring your brain" - how do they do this?